• Register
  • Help
[HOME] [MY ACCOUNT] [SITE INFO] [OUR BLOG] [REPAIR FORUM]

Thread: collet assembly Craftsman router

Default collet assembly Craftsman router

I am looking for a 1/2 in collet assembly for my Craftsman router Model #315.269210.

I have 2 part numbers. 982890-001 and 300627-004

I think these are interchangeable w/ Ryobi and Ridgid routers. Any advice?

Sears wants $45 for the part and I was looking else where to see if I could find the same part at a cheaper price.

Unfortunately Sears will not let anyone else sell Craftsman parts and I've never seen a cross reference sheet for the parts. It's possible that those collets interchange, but I have no way of checking and I wouldn't recommend buying the Ryobi versions. Definitely the safest thing to do is to get the parts from Sears. But $45, ouch!

Default collet assembly

Is it coincidental that the Sears and Ryobi part have the same part number as the Craftsman? Looking at the manual the part numbers and descriptions are the same. You sell the part there for the Ryobi/Ridgid for about $40. If you think that it will fit, I'll order from you.

Honestly it's probably not a coincidence. That would be pretty interesting. I wasn't aware that Ryobi (TTI) was making tools for Craftsman but I guess they are. Again, because I can't check Craftsman parts against the mainline manufacturers I can't give you a 100% guarantee but it looks like the collet will fit. You're probably absolutely right.

Thanks, I think I'll take a chance and order the collet assembly from eReplacementParts.