• Register
  • Help
[HOME] [MY ACCOUNT] [SITE INFO] [OUR BLOG] [REPAIR FORUM]

Thread: DC925 Transmission

Default DC925 Transmission

Was in the proccess of opening up the drill body to do some other repair on my drill when the transmission slipped out, hit the table, and popped open. So, since it split apart before I could see the assembly, and since I can't find an exploded view on the net, I've pieced it together and it seems to work fine. Except I have the ever dreaded - leftover parts.
    5 stainless steel pins, in this case, about a 1/4 in long each. Anyone have any idea where they go or have an exploded view of the transmission case they could point me toward?

Thanks!

Default steel pins

Hey hoarfrost,
    Those steel pins actually sit on the outside of a round metal shift collar at separate locations..[the one with 4 tabs on it] they help support the collar with its function..
    most repair shops wont even try to reassemble those transmission..[I asked a dewalt center for help and they replied.."Are ya kiddin me?!..]
    so good job on your reassembly..
    Hope this helps?
    Craig

Yep! That was indeed the missing piece. Got lucky today and had a chance to crack open a DC980 to take a peek as well...was surprised to see the pins sitting vertically around the shift collar and not horizontally between the spokes as I had imagined first reading your post. Any idea what exactly they manage to do in that position?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Smile

hi,ive just joined this forum,
    if you like i can email or attach a picture breakdown for this tool,im a uk service agent for dewalt so have lots of experience,

Default dc980 xrp wrong schematics

Every schematic that I find shows an entirely different drill inside. You are better than I am. I knew where the pins went but can not get the drill to function. Got something in backwards or in wrong order. Wont work..Can you help me?

Default Transmission diagram

Hi tripletdaduk - if you're still around, I would love to see that transmission diagram. I was attempting to clean my DC983 (the motor smells like burning) and as per usual, the transmission fell on the floor and disassembled itself into approximately 100,000 pieces. I was able to re-assemble it and it works, except the chuck no longer self-rachets. It's a Jacobs chuck. I did not re-install the four (at least, I only found four) steel pins because I didn't know where they went - could this be why the self-ratcheting doesn't work?

Before dis-assembly, self-ratcheting worked most of the time (it's an old drill) but now it barely works.

Despite the age of the drill, the transmission appears to be in relatively good contition. How do these transmissions wear out?

BTW, they're not that difficult to reassemble, although it does take some patience and lots of trial & error. I'll post pics after I dis/re-assemble with the pins installed.

Thanks,
    -Jamie

Default transmission[dewalt]

Quote Originally Posted by tripletdaduk View Post
    hi,ive just joined this forum,
    if you like i can email or attach a picture breakdown for this tool,im a uk service agent for dewalt so have lots of experience,
    send me picture of trans so I can put it back together.thank you.