• Register
  • Help
[HOME] [MY ACCOUNT] [SITE INFO] [OUR BLOG] [REPAIR FORUM]

Thread: Bolens BL100 Trimmer

Default Bolens BL100 Trimmer

I recently purchased a new flexible drive shaft for my trimmer and need to remove the rotor unit from the bottom of the drive shaft housing. How is the rotor unit held in place? I have taken off the outer reel but need to remove the rotor in order to attach the new drive shaft.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated. Any Bolen's people out there?

Thank you.

Hi johnpaul,

To remove the trimmer head first remove the cap the spool and the spool spring. Now you have the housing left. It is held in place by a special cup shaped fastener. The only way to remove it is to grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it off. You destroy it in the process and it will need to be replaced. It is only sold with the trimmer head housing which is part #753-04284.

The better way to replace the drive shaft is from the top of the trimmer. Loosen the clamp screws that attach the motor to the shaft housing. You will likely need to disconnect the ignition wires and the throttle cable. A couple pair of needle nose pliers make that task easy. Now the head will slide right off of the shaft. The drive cable can be pulled from the housing and the new one insert back in its place. Make sure that the new cable engages into the trimmerhead and to the head unit as you reassemble.

This should have you up and running again!

-UtahAV
    -Mark

Default Bolens BL100 Trimmer

Thank you for your fast response.

However there is still a piece of drive shaft stuck inside the housing attached to the rotor at the bottom of the shaft housing. I have the reel and holding washer off, but I need to get the rotor itself out of the housing in order to remove the remaining piece of flex shaft still attached to the rotor.

Thanks again for any help.