• Register
  • Help
[HOME] [MY ACCOUNT] [SITE INFO] [OUR BLOG] [REPAIR FORUM]

Thread: weedeater blower(gas)

Default weedeater blower(gas)

Have model FL1500i There are two plastic tubes from the gas tank to the engine. Pieces have fallen off in the tank. Why two supply tubes from gas tank and how should they be configured?
    How do I get the pieces back onto the tubes inside the tank?

Cut the end at angle try pushing thru into tank far enough to reach in with long nose pliers and pull enough thru to attach filter lightly grease the tubes first. Plan B. Push a small wire thru the tube and insert it thru into the tank pull gently with grease on tube the line with the gas flow back into the tank is the vent the filter line hooks to the top of the carb. Take the top plate off the carb, only 2 screws, and blow out the small screen most likely it will be stopped up. Hope this works for you. Good luck.

I also recommend you remove and clean the fuel tank and open the fuel pump cover on the carburetor and clean the fuel inlet screen underneath it.

The fuel pickup goes on the smaller of the two fuel lines. The larger line just protrudes about 1/4 to 1/2" into the tank. A small plastic piece connects to the end so it won't pull back out. You can pull the hoses out of the tank with a small hook fashioned out of a paper clip. Once you have the pieces on the tubes you can push them back in the tank. You may need to replace the fuel lines if they are brittle.

Default Fuel lines

Quote Originally Posted by stevenator View Post
    The fuel pickup goes on the smaller of the two fuel lines. The larger line just protrudes about 1/4 to 1/2" into the tank. A small plastic piece connects to the end so it won't pull back out. You can pull the hoses out of the tank with a small hook fashioned out of a paper clip. Once you have the pieces on the tubes you can push them back in the tank. You may need to replace the fuel lines if they are brittle.
    Thanks STEVENATOR for your Sep 2012 post. I found your answer to explain the small plastic piece. Is there an exploded parts drawing for model FL1500?
    Thanks again, Gil Corey

Default Thank You

Thanks for the info.
    I cannot believe that my fuel lines are 24 years old, or that the EaterofWeeds is that age...its nearly as new, but still no compression, IMO.
    I'll try the pro route, a screw in gage. The finger also works but is not noted for accuracy.
    And , IMO, its a good/excellent quality unit, even if its "featherlite".

I am having carburetor problems with a Poulan / Weed Eater FL1500. I tried the suggested instructions given me under the thread Ryobi Brushcutter Carb Troubles, but the machine would not start with the single mixture screw two turns out. It starts and runs at SIX turns out, but it is hard to start and sometimes bogs down.

What is the correct compression reading for these engines? I have two Weed Eater FL1500 blowers - the one I spoke of before and a newer one that has only 40 psi of compression! It will barely try to start with starting fluid. While looking through other threads about Weed Eater machines, I saw one in which the machine read 25 psi on the gauge because it had a worn piston ring. I will take my machine apart to see if it has this same problem.

I took apart the carburetor of my first blower (the one I spoke of in my last post) and found the screen covered in gray sediment. It was so covered I could not see the screen. It has a new fuel filter in the tank, but has had this happen several times before. Any suggestions as to where the sediment is coming from?
    Last edited by primerbulb120; 12-07-2013 at 06:00 PM.