• Register
  • Help
[HOME] [MY ACCOUNT] [SITE INFO] [OUR BLOG] [REPAIR FORUM]

Thread: Bosch 11224VSR hammer drill maintenance

Default 5 stars Bosch 11224VSR hammer drill maintenance

Does anyone know the correct oil or grease for this hammer drill? I've used this tool extensively and now, when it heats up, the grease or oil is dripping down the tool into my work. I'm sure the seal is probably defective as well, but want to make sure the tool has enough lubrication.
    Anyone? Many thanks.
    Wayne in Maine

Smile grease

Hey Wayne,
    The tube of grease recommended by bosch is part # 1-615-430-005..45 ml [you can order it from ER]
    It is a purple grease and looks good enough to eat..but..uh..just put it in your hammer drill..
    [the grease is breaking down in your tool and leaking out as oil..your seal is still probably ok..]
    p.s. you will have to disassemble the nose part of your tool to take the front part off to get inside the gearbox..
    hope this is helpful..
    Craig
    Geneva Tool Repair

Default Thanks Craig

Thank you Craig, for your response.
    I knew someone here had the answer. Since it's grease and not oil, I'll be ok for a while, but I'll order some of that purple lube.
    I wonder if they made it from that darned purple dinosaur?<g>
    Best,
    Wayne in Maine

i work for a company and all we use is bosch hammer drills. i have been to trying to repair some tools that go bad so we don't have to replace them all the time. i have a bosch 11224vsr that dose not run. anything i can check. i already checked the switch and that is ok. what else could be the problem. also i have a bosch 11222evs that runs but seems to lose power after just a little use. if anyone can help me with these 2 it would be great thanks.

Drumguy:
    Here are some things you should check:
    1) Is there continuity (use a meter) between each prong of the plug and the wire at the inside of the unit? (Sometimes the wire breaks though it looks "fine" outside.)
    2) Are the brushes making good contact with the armature? (that can be the cause of it "losing power" or not starting to begin with) the armature should not be "burnt" but shiny
    3) with the motor disconnected, does the unit gearbox turn freely? Too much drag or friction from a worn part or bearing can keep the motor from starting, or cause it to trip out almost immediately.

Hope that helps,
    Wayne in Maine