• Register
  • Help
[HOME] [MY ACCOUNT] [SITE INFO] [OUR BLOG] [REPAIR FORUM]

Thread: DW303 Reciprocating Saw

Default DW303 Reciprocating Saw

In my last post I was looking to combine two DW303 Reciprocating Saws together to make a working unit. That was a success and now maybe I can repair the second and make a little money.

The motor sparks like crazy, sounds bad, and smells like electironics burning. The blade movies a little if shaken or just moved around but stops after less than a second of reciprocating.

Thank you in advance for help on this project and thanks to to the ones from the first project.
    Last edited by RevJSorrells; 07-20-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Corrected some things.

Default Dw303

Hi Rev,
    There are a few things to check. If it is sparking as bad as you say, and not moving, it may be the commutators burnt on the armature #1. Or, if the armature and brushes are good, your gear kit #34 might be stripped. But, if that is stripped, check the end of the armature where it engages the gear because it is also probably gunna be worn down also . When you get into replacing these parts on these tools, you may as well save the tool for parts and junk the rest because pricewise,it is not cost effictive. I hope this helps,
    Gene