• Register
  • Help
[HOME] [MY ACCOUNT] [SITE INFO] [OUR BLOG] [REPAIR FORUM]

Thread: Poulan trimmer only runs with choke

Default Poulan trimmer only runs with choke

Poualn ppb300e trimmer only runs with the choke on. Have tried replaceing fuel lines
    checked fuel cap vent, cleaned carbs twice with carb cleaner,after I had totally disassembled
    it. I can see fuel in the lines and bulb. All the way to carb. When you pump the bulb 3-4 times
    fuel leaks out carburetor. This all started when the return line from the carb broke (rotten) and the fuel
    all ran out.I can't replace trimmer and I need to use it badly. Suggestions would be great. Thanks

87 people have read this not one reply... I think everyone is having the same problem. replace my fuel line a month ago because it rotted and the fuel filter fell off. ran good a couple more times, but now when I start it, it idles well but dies the minute i take the choke off. I'm thinking new carborator, just looking for a second opinon. anyone? Thanks

WJA

Hello 1137202,

Since the manufacture does not supply a carburetor repair kit for this unit. It is probably worth the expense and time to just purchase a new 545006017. It's not a bad price for a new one anyway

-WJA