• Register
  • Help
[HOME] [MY ACCOUNT] [SITE INFO] [OUR BLOG] [REPAIR FORUM]

Thread: Echo GT200R carburetor

Default Echo GT200R carburetor

I took apart the carburetor on my echo 200r to clean it. After I put it back together it will not idle. I took it apart again and cleaned it again, but still the same problem. I cleaned plug, and muffler screen just hoping that may do something but still same problem. What did I do wrong?

Default Same problem

Just got a new carb kit, replaced everything but same problem

Default gt200r

Will it start - just not idle?
    Did you make sure the small roller was in place inside the throat before you slid the throttle body back in place? Is the fuel pump diaphragm installed in the correct order with gasket going on "first" against carb body then diaphragm - If assembled on pump coverplate, pump diaphragm goes on - then gasket to the carb body.

You may NOT have done anything wrong but consider installing a fresh Gasket and Diaphragm kit on the carb. The one for the Zama RB K75 is GND-66. Cleaning will NOT restore the lost performance of a rigid fuel pump diaphragm.

For clarification..1. The fuel pump diaphragm goes UNDER the white primer base and sits ON the carb body.
    2. The fuel METERING diaphragm goes on TOP of the gasket under the round cover. The gasket sits directly on the carb body first and elevates it at the correct height. This diaphragm opens the fuel needle valve and is NOT a pump. The fuel pump diaphragm actually has little flappers that actuate to draw fuel into the carb. Please don't confuse the two!