• Register
  • Help
[HOME] [MY ACCOUNT] [SITE INFO] [OUR BLOG] [REPAIR FORUM]

Thread: Ridgid Compressor problem

Default Ridgid Compressor problem

I have a Ridgid 5 gal "tri-stack air compressor that worked great for about 8 months, but now, while using it, the compressor will kick on to replace the used air as it should, but once it reaches the proper pressure. when the motor cuts off, there is a release of about 10 lbs of pressure from somewhere under the off/on housing. when the compressor tries to turn back on to replace the pressure lost by this escaping air, the motor cant start becaure the "power reset switch" kicks out. Even trying to reset the switch does no good, The only way to restart it is to release some more air, turn the off on switch off then back on, then hit the reset switch. It will then re pressurize the tank, but when it reaches the cut off point, it does it again. This means I have to stop after 10 or so nails and reset everything. Any help is greatly appreceated. I can be reached at rsdainc@aol.com for additional information.

WJA

Hello 1161316,

You may have a couple of issues with your compressor. The air leak you are getting may be from a defective 079027008028 pressure relief valve. It is item number 27 under the pressure switch. The other problem you are having may be caused by a defective 079027013712 check valve assembly. Item number 14.

Hope this helps,
    -WJA
    Last edited by WJA; 05-31-2013 at 05:11 PM.

I have the same problem. Did you get it fixed if so what was the problem

CJB

I have done this procedure before. Contact me at pphw02@yahoo.com & I can walk you through it. It's not the easiest thing in the world, but if your handy with tools & don't want to pay an $80 per hour shop rate if your unit is out of warranty, I can help.

Can you walk me through it to mine is doing the same thing thank you

Default ridgid compressor

Hi I am having a problem with my ridgid tri stack compressor would you be kind enough to walk me through the steps of fixing it. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    I have done this procedure before. Contact me at pphw02@yahoo.com & I can walk you through it. It's not the easiest thing in the world, but if your handy with tools & don't want to pay an $80 per hour shop rate if your unit is out of warranty, I can help.

Hi would you be kind enough to walk me through this? I also am having same issue. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post